Before you begin your application
You'll need to provide some basic information:
- We are currently only accepting application submissions from residents of New York and New Jersey.
- Full name, Social Security number and date of birth of all account holders
- Phone number and email address
- U.S. physical and mailing address
- Debit card or account information for funding your new account
- School information (if you’re a student)
Important Information About Procedures For Opening A New Account
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
- Complete Application and click “Submit Application”
- You will be required to supply Carver Federal Savings Bank with a copy of two forms of identification within 15 days of account opening. Failure to supply this copy may lead to closure of your new account. If more than one person opens an account, each of you must complete and sign Carver’s signature card. Also, you must complete or provide any other documentation we may require.
- For business accounts, you will be required to provide business documentation and business tax identification number. In addition, two forms of Identification for all authorized signers and all signers will need to be present to sign and complete signature cards.
- If you are unable to bring your documentation into one of our ten branches; you will need to complete and mail the documentation to the address listed: Carver Federal Savings Bank, Attn: Customer Experience Specialist, 75 West 125th Street, New York, NY 10027
Non-notarized documentation will not be accepted.
Select the branch where you will complete the enrollment process (Select One):
I will provide my completed and notarized documentation via mail.
For Online Support, please call (718) 230-2900.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you:
When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We will also ask to see:
TWO (2) PIECES OF ID- ONE OF WHICH MUST CONTAIN A PHOTO
(ANY TWO FROM COLUMN 1, OR ONE FROM EACH COLUMN)
- U.S. Driver's License (Photo)
- NYC Non-Driver's ID (Photo)
- IDNYC Municipal ID Card (photo)
- NYC Learner's Permit (Photo)
- Gun Permit
- Employee ID (From well known company, along with
computer printed pay stub within 30 days)
- Alien Registration Card (Current Date)
- NYS Benefits ID Card (Photo)
- Current Pay Stub
- Mortgage Statement
- Checking Account Statement (With canceled checks within 30 days)
- Major Credit Card (No store or gas cards)
- Credit Card Bill (within 30 days)
NOTE: Your Driver’s License, IDNYC, Learner’s Permit, or NYC Non-Drivers ID does not count as two forms of Identification. The identification you provide must contain a photo, provide evidence of your residence, and be current (unexpired). Your home and/or place of employment phone number(s) are also required to open an account.